Immigration Lawyer & Naturalization Attorney

An individual or entity in the United States may choose to be represented by an attorney or accredited representative when filing applications or petitions with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Authorized immigration service providers are:

  • Representatives accredited by the Department of Justice (DOJ)’s Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) and working for EOIR-recognized organizations; and
  • Attorneys in good standing who are not subject to any order restricting their ability to practice law.

Authorized immigration service providers are allowed to:

  • Give you advice about which documents to submit;
  • Explain immigration options you may have; and
  • Communicate with USCIS about your case.

An attorney or a EOIR-accredited representative can represent you before USCIS. Your legal representative must file Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, with the related application, petition or appeal. USCIS will send information about your case to your legal representative if you have one.