Your Home Insurance Coverage Options - Whether you’re a home or condo owner, a renter, or a landlord, many insurance companies offer insurance policies to fit your needs, and help in choosing the insurance coverage that gives you the best value for the best price.
Your policy is comprised of the options you select:
- What you buy. Coverages are priced individually, so how much you'll pay for your policy depends on how many coverages you buy plus umbrella policies.
- How much each will cover. Deductibles lower the premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $600 deductible, you would need to pay the first $600 of the covered loss. Higher deductibles generally lower your premium, but increase the amount you must pay if a loss occurs.
- Limits. You may choose to set higher limits than the recommended amount if appropriate to your situation and needs.
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance depends on many factors.
* Insure multiple policies - Insuring both your auto and home qualifies you for a discount on both insurance policies.
* Proximity to fire stations or installtion of burglar alarms can reduce your insurance costs.